Students from both Games Design and Games Development courses flocked into the studio to hear talks by the Grads In Games team guests:
Ben Milnes, Recruitment guru at Aardvark Swift
Lee Stott, Technical Evangelist at Microsoft for talk slides see: Landing your Dream Job
Uclan Alumni, Gavin who also won #SearchForAStar and Stockx from Boss Alien
- Use 'SketchFab' to showcase 3D work.
- Aim to have a playable game published BEFORE you leave Uni.
- Keep CV's uncluttered and link them in your online portfolio
- Make sure the most important info is visible and accessible in your online portfolio
- Include work to show how you have progressed in your online portfolio
- For level designs, the modding approach is recommended
- Construct 2 from Scirra is great for creating and publishing your games
- Games Artists and Designers should make connections with Games Programmers at Uni.to form teams and get collaborate creatively
- Get your own business card for networking
- Use 'Itchio' to promote your games - Open indie game marketplace and DIY game jam host
|Ben Milnes- Aardvark Swift|
|Lee Stott- Tech Evangelist at Microsoft|
|A big turnout from Games students|
T Shirts prizes for correctly answered questions :)
Sign up for
Open to final year & postgraduate students. Grand prize of an interview offer from one of our partner studios.
Open to first- and second-year students. Grand prize of an internship with one of our partner studios.
A national initiative to improve the links between the UK games industry and academia.